(Images provided by Uber Strategist)
Publisher Assemble Entertainment, best known for point-and-click adventure Leisure Suit Larry – Wet Dreams Don’t Dry, and developer Gentlymad, are delighted to announce the latest addition to their impressive roster — Endzone: A World Apart.
Preparing to make its way to Steam Early Access on Windows PC and Mac in Spring 2020, this post-apocalyptic city-builder challenges players to prove themselves as a worthy leader and survive in a hostile environment where the most dangerous foes are the unforgiving climate and catastrophic weather events.
Endzone: A World Apart follows a group of refugees who, more than a century after a devastating worldwide nuclear powerplant terrorist attack, are leaving their underground bunkers and rebuilding society on the surface. After 150 years dwelling underground in bunkers called ‘endzones,” Earth’s surface seems like a breath of fresh air, though that couldn’t be any further from the truth! Players will face the likes of toxic rain, dangerously radioactive environments, raging sandstorms, and a merciless climate. While spearheading the rise of humanity, men, women, and children will need protection from threats of all kinds, and there’s no telling what each new day will bring on the forsaken planet from which they’ve emerged.
“We are proud to add such an exciting and unique game to our roster, and most of all, share it with the world,” said Assemble Entertainment CEO Stefan Marcinek. “We know players are going to have a blast with Endzone, and we urge them to keep an eye on this title as we approach Early Access.”
Key Features Include:
- The Pursuit of Happiness: The world as we know it is gone. Build a new home for the last human survivors! Provide them with a steady food and water supply, educate them on how to cultivate their own crops, and provide shelter that can withstand the worst the weather has to offer with over 30 different buildings, each with a significant purpose.
- Gather & Lead: As the leader of your settlement, coordinate and assign different professions and tasks. Let your people gather and refine a wide array of resources, and manage your economy by building an efficient infrastructure with streets, depositories, and markets.
- The Invisible Enemies: Though the nuclear meltdowns are long past, harmful radiation still haunts the surface of Earth in the form of toxic rains, contaminated soil, and more. Safeguard your people and their hard-earned crops with special anti-contamination gear, water filters, protective buildings, and more.
- Survive the Drought: The climate has changed, and not for the better! Prepare for recurring droughts by planning ahead and stocking up on food, water, and other essentials. Withstand unstoppable sandstorms as they destroy buildings and bring with them deadly radiation. Every weather cycle is a new challenge!
- A Vivid, Dynamically Simulated World: Every inch of earth in the game features dynamically simulated humidity and radiation. Watch as rain clouds irrigate your soil, or prepare for ongoing battles against toxic rain as they bring devastating radiation to the land.
- Think like a Diplomat: The world beyond your safe and carefully crafted civilization is intimidating, but it’s your job to make the tough decisions that will secure the fate of your people, such as sending expeditions to remote, unexplored locations to source materials, locate resources, and more.
For the latest up-to-date news about Endzone: A World Apart, follow Assemble Entertainment on Twitter, Instagram, “like” on Facebook, and join the official Assemble Discord server.