Nintendo Direct – 2/13/2019
Nintendo held a Nintendo Direct conference where they outlined some of the major releases coming up for the Switch. Here’s a list and give you our thoughts on Checkpoint XP Daily!
- Super Mario Maker 2 coming for Switch in June.
- Super Mario Maker was beloved and an outstanding game, but was kneecapped by being a Wii U exclusive.
- The game will have new features, but they remain unknown.
- Boxboy releasing on Switch with co-op mode
- If you were a fan of the 3DS title, it’s getting a co-op mode for switch release and 200 new levels.
- Launches April 26th
- Dragon Quest XI coming to Switch
- One of the most loved games in the franchise
- Will have the option to switch to retro style graphics for the Switch.
- Available in the fall
- Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening remake for Switch
- Yes. Yes. A million times yes!
- It’s a full on visual remake in the style of a link between worlds.
- Will be out in 2019.
- Smash Ultimate Version 3.0
- Still very little known about what the new version will include but it’s coming this spring.
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses
- Five minute trailer debuted, also announcing a slight delay. Has been pushed back from a spring window to June 26th.
- Tetris 99
- Tetris battle royale
- You play Tetris against 99 other people and try to last the longest.
- Astral Chain
- New game from Platinum
- Cyber punk Bayonetta? Yes please.
- Music is very reminiscent of Bayonetta
Photo by Drew Angerer/Getty Images