College Esports continues to grow at a fever pitch. But with the prospect of many collegiate sports not returning in the fall the microscope is even larger on gaming. Numerous colleges are showing more interest in esports and more programs are popping up each semester. With this in mind, esports information outlet, Inven Global, resolved to create the Esports and Academia Summit. The weekend-long online event aims to share ideas about how esports can propel colleges forward in the 2020s. Harrisburg University joins with Inven Global to bring an esports invitational to the event as well. The Harrisburg Invitational puts 20k on the line, so students will be playing for more than just pride come the Fall.
Starting on September 17th, the summit goes all weekend long with panels and competition. The company is following up on its Inven Global Esports Conference and looking to expand into colleges. According to Inven Global the topics for the panel discussion are as follows:
Esports And Academia Summit Panel Topics
- Understanding the esports ecosystem — major players and future milestones
- What the data says about Gen Z and gaming.
- Why STEM students are so in love with esports.
- Building an esports presence to build student confidence and engagement.
- How to leverage gaming technology to teach vital life skills.
- Neurodiversity and esports — unlikely allies in the fight for student engagement.
- How to empower your most involved gaming student leaders through an esports program.
- Success stories: how esports put these schools on the map.
- The straight truth: does gaming impair student learning?
- Where’s the funding? How competitive gaming programs are well within your reach.
- How can esports help at-risk students?
- Esports is waiting — the road path to your virtual events pivot.
- Student built, student lived: how to best guide esports minded students.
- Esports scholarships — the battle towards creating the most compelling sponsorship.
Norris and Jacob got a chance to discuss the panel event and also what games will make up the Harrisburg Invitational.