CheckpointXP On-Demand – Mixer, Ninja, and Shroud
With Mixer on the way out, their talent pool is looking for a new home. Ninja and Shroud, two of the biggest talents on Mixer, have both turned down massive contracts from Facebook Gaming. So what’s next for them? We also break down the sexual assault allegations on Twitch, and welcome gamers to the world of PC gaming with some helpful tips and tricks. All of that and more on this week’s CheckpointXP On-Demand.
This week on CheckpointXP On-Demand
- (0:00) Ninja and Shroud Say No To Facebook Gaming
- With the fall of Mixer, the questions have opened up about where their major streamers will end up. Both Ninja and Shroud turned down massive contracts to go to Facebook Gaming, so where will they end up?
- (11:58) Widespread Sexual Assault Allegations In Gaming
- All over the gaming industry, the #MeToo movement has returned in force. Allegations of sexual abuse are everywhere as people finally speak up against a culture that has promoted silence and abuse.
- (23:56) Mario LEGOs Cost A Fortune
- Mario LEGOs sound like a pretty cool idea, but the guys are shocked when they learn how much they cost.
- (33:53) Tips For New PC Players
- Many gamers espouse the virtues of PC gaming, but if you’re a newcomer, it can be intimidating. We’ve got some tips and tricks for the new PC gamer.
- (43:43) Play or Pass?
- Robbie’s busting out gaming-tinder and has us deciding whether we’re gonna swipe right or left on some upcoming new releases.
- (55:40) Gaming and Esports News –
- (1:07:39) Patient Gamer – SURPRISE
- On this week’s edition of the Patient Gamer, Weirdbeard pays off on a bet we made a few weeks back. You’re not going to want to miss what he played.
- (1:17:39) Social Media Check-in
- We check in with our social media followers to find out what game has an undeserved bad reputation.
What’s new at Checkpoint XP?
Make sure to make your voice heard this year! Gamers make up one of the largest voting blocks in the country today, and yet way too few of us are actually registered to vote. Gamers.Vote wants you to get out to the polls this November and cast your vote! No matter who you choose to vote for, make sure you do it, and make sure it’s informed! Head on over to Gamers.Vote and register today!
Check out last week’s episode here!
Photo by Quinn Harris/Getty Images