Leading off this week’s episode, COVID-19 has cancelled more events that we were looking forward to. However, Jeff Keighley has announced the Summer Games Festival. We also talk about Streets of Rage 4, and Assassins Creed Valhalla. Kali joins us for a round of energy drink flavor or RPG spell attack, and we also break down the Lone Star Showdown. All of that and more on this week’s CheckpointXP On-Demand!
This week on Checkpoint XP:
- (0:00) COVID-19 Cancels More Events and Summer Games Festival Announced
- COVID-19 has claimed more events that we we’re looking forward to. However, out of the ashes of this year’s E3, the Summer Games Festival has been announced.
- (12:00) Streets of Rage 4 and James V Robbie
- Streets of Rage 4 is here, introducing some much needed memories of good times. The cast breaks down the newest release in the series, then James and Robbie’s rivalry heats up.
- (24:00) Assassins Creed Valhalla
- You’ll never guess who on the cast hates the Assassin’s Creed games. The crew talks the upcoming title in the long running franchise, plus they announce the Free Game of the Week.
- (33:58) Lone Star Showdown and Katie Hates Ric
- The guys talk about the Lone Star Showdown event going on down in Texas between the Houston Outlaws and the Dallas Fuel. Plus, Weirbeard had an awkward experience when he went over to Robbie’s house last week.
- (43:46) Energy Drink Flavor or RPG Spell Attack?
- The title says it all. Kali joins the guys to see if they can figure out whether it’s an attack in a video game or an energy drink flavor, with dire consequences.
- (55:49) Gaming and Esports News –
- (1:07:49) Patient Gamer – Mass Effect 2
- On this week’s edition of the Patient Gamer, Robbie highlights one of the best games of the 2010’s – Mass Effect 2.
- (1:17:52) Social Media Check-in
- We check in with our social media followers to see which game needs to be in the hall of fame!
CheckpointXP – Your Home for Esports and Gaming
It’s our turn in the gaming community to show our support for the heroes on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic and Make It Blue. This will take many forms, and your creativity is encouraged! We all have something special we offer to the gaming community. Whether it be a live stream, fan art, music, memes, singing, cosplay, or even competitive esports, you have something to offer. And we’re asking you to make that special something blue! Use #MakeItBlue as you show off the special twist on your talents!
Check out last week’s episode here!
Lead photo courtesy of Riot Games