On this week’s episode, COVID-19 has caused MSI to be cancelled! The crew discusses what that means for pro League of Legends. In addition, Travis Scott performed a show from within Fortnite and Weirdbeard has become James’s office hero for how he handled a situation with a reply all email chain. We also invite your voices onto the show to share some of your most unpopular gaming opinions and take a look at Doom (2016) in this week’s edition of The Patient Gamer. All of that and more on this week’s CheckpointXP On-Demand!
This Week on CheckpointXP!
- (0:00) COVID-19 Update and MSI Is Cancelled–
- COVID-19 continues to wreak havoc on the esports world as well as traditional sports. Producer Kali joins the guys to talk about the Mid-Season Invitational getting axed. Plus, Travis Scott performed inside of Fortnite!
- (12:01) Reply All is the Worst
- Weirdbeard cemented himself as James’s hero when he called out our company for their use of Reply All in an email. We have no doubt we’ll be hearing from HR shortly. Plus, James admits to being a controller user. It’s time for an intervention.
- (24:02) Nintendo Update
- A lot of people are stuck at home looking for something to do. Luckily, NIntendo’s got some big news on the horizon.
- (34:04) NFL Virtual Draft/Free Game of the Week
- The NFL held their first virtual draft over the weekend! How’d it go and should they do it again? Plus, Life is Strange is our Free Game of the Week!
- (43:53) Unpoopular Opinions
- That’s not a typo. We’re just immature. We opened up the phone lines to hear your incredibly unpopular opinions and shame you for it!
- (55:53) Gaming and Esports News –
- (1:07:54) Patient Gamer – Doom (2016)
- On this week’s edition of the Patient Gamer, Weirdbeard takes us back to 2016’s reboot of the Doom franchise.
- (1:17:55) Social Media Check-in
- We check in on social media to find out what’s the best couch co-op game and what games have great difficult puzzles?
CheckpointXP – Your Home for Esports and Gaming
It’s our turn in the gaming community to show our support for the heroes on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic and Make It Blue. This will take many forms, and your creativity is encouraged! We all have something special we offer to the gaming community. Whether it be a live stream, fan art, music, memes, singing, cosplay, or even competitive esports, you have something to offer. And we’re asking you to make that special something blue! Use #MakeItBlue as you show off the special twist on your talents!
Check out last week’s episode here!
Lead photo courtesy of Riot Games