(Image provided by Riot Games)
This week on Checkpoint XP:
- (0:00) Louis Vuitton Releases League of Legends Clothing Line – The worldwide luxury brand Louis Vuitton released the LVxLOL collection with 30 items that have been influenced by League of Legends. The crew discusses the line then tries to guess how much some of the items cost
- (12:00) Esports News & FTC to Probe Korean Esports Contracts – The latest esports news plus, Korea is having some issues with overly predatory contracts. It’s actually so bad that the Fair Trade Commission is stepping in to make sure everything is on the up & up.
- (24:02) 30 Under 30 / Nailed It / 10 Times Publishers Sabotaged Their Own Game – Forbes released their list for the 30 Under 30 for video gaming and streaming, plus we’ll find out who Nailed It this week and look at 10 times publishers sabotaged their own games.
- (34:03) Fortnite Debuts New Star Wars scene in game & New Guy’s fresh take on a video game movie – Fortnite has had some really great crossover events but nothing like this: an exclusive sneak peak at Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker inside the actual game played on the in-game drive-in theater. Plus, a trailer just released for Ryan Reynolds’ new movie New Guy that sees a NPC in a video game become the hero.
- (43:52) Video game news & Sony State of Play: December – The latest in video game news plus, Sony did their last State of Play for 2019. The crew breaks down all the exciting announcements.
- (55:55) New Old Switch Games \ Failed It \ Rip Offs – New games are headed to The Switch’s classic NES and SNES emulators. Plus we find out who Failed It this week and Sony dropped an animated trailer for the Winter 2019 line up – the problem is much of that animation is stolen
- (1:07:56) Tetris on ESPN2 – With all the games that could be featured on broadcast television ESPN decided that the Tetris championships would be the most interesting. That’s a decision…I guess.
- (1:17:56) Social Media Question – What’s on you gaming holiday wishlist?
Riot Games is laying claim to Monday nights and hopes to become the … “Monday Night Football” of Esports. We spoke with LCS Commissioner, Chris Greeley about the just released 2020 Schedule and the new Academy Rush inclusion: http://bit.ly/37EAibE