This week on CheckpointXP, Kali is out of the office sick but the guys are ready for action! They break down the latest impacts of COVID-19 and then ask whether movies on demand releasing direct to streaming will kill the theater industry. Are helicopter parents ruining their children’s esports careers? And do you like to cheat in video games? All of that and more on this week’s episode of CheckpointXP!
This week on Checkpoint XP:
- (0:00) COVID-19 Update –
- COVID-19 continues to wreak havoc on gaming and esports. The Last Of Us II has been delayed indefinitely and QuakeCon has now been cancelled. The crew breaks down what’s changing in their lives.
- (12:00) Are movie theaters in big trouble?
- Coronavirus has shut down most movie theaters and now movies on demand are beginning to release directly on streaming platforms. Is the genie out of the bottle?
- (24:00) Can you compliment another man’s truck? –
- James had an awkward moment last week when he got a nasty look for complimenting another man’s truck? Can a guy compliment a guy?
- (34:02) Parents interfering in their kid’s careers–
- We’ve seen it time and time again in traditional sports, but now it’s seeping into esports as well. Helicopter parents getting too involved with their kid’s careers.
- (43:52) Do you cheat in games?
- Is it a cardinal sin or do you like to cheat in video games? Does it matter if the game is single player or multiplayer?
- (55:53) Gaming and Esports News –
- (1:07:53) Patient Gamer – The Last Of Us
- In a new segment called Patient Gamer, the cast looks at incredibly popular games that you may have missed. This week, they discuss The Last Of Us.
- (1:17:55) What game could you play for 24 hours?
- We’re all bingeing games right now, what with being trapped at home. So the crew is wondering, what game could you binge for 24 hours straight?
Looking for something to do while under quarantine? Check out the Shutdown Showdown! It’s a charity APEX Legends tournament benefiting No Kid Hungry. The tournaments are running on Tuesdays throughout April with proceeds going to charity. It’s just $10 to enter and you can enter solo or with your friends. Check it out here!
Check out last week’s episode here!
Lead Photo by Mario Tama/Getty Images