CheckpointXP On-Demand – Welcome To Next Gen Gaming
The next gen is upon us and gaming will never be the same. Except it will for most of us because we couldn’t buy the damn system. Producer Kali joins us to share her story of failing to get PS5. We also break down the latest drama surrounding Twitch DMCA’s and talk to a Sergeant in the US Army about their involvement in esports. This week’s patient gamer takes us into Assassin’s Creed 2 and we decide who has the advantage in the Games On-Demand war. All of that and more on this week’s CheckpointXP On-Demand!
This Week On CheckpointXP
- (0:00) Next gen gaming is here
- The PS5 and X-Box Series X are here and neither of them had perfect releases. Massive shortages have lead to crazy high demand and a lot of frustration. The guys break down all the latest.
- (12:00) Twitch DMCA Gets Worse
- Last week, we talked about an ugly situation developing with Twitch DMCA takedowns. Somehow, it’s only gotten worse and the guys are not at all pleased.
- (24:15) Games On Demand
- Sony and Microsoft are squaring off in more than just new consoles. It’s also a battle between Gamepass and PlayStation Now for the ‘netflix of games’ title. And on this front, Microsoft has the edge.
- (34:15) US Army In Esports
- The guys welcome on Sergeant First Class Jones to talk about the US Army’s involvement in esports.
- (44:04) Fill in the blank
- Producer Kali joins us to see how close we’ve been paying attention to our show. He’s got a list of gaming headlines we’ve covered over the last year, and we’ve got to fill in the blanks.
- (56:04) Gaming and Esports News –
- Destiny 2 Player count on Steam is at an all-time high
- In Japan, Sony will stop servicing the Original Ps4
- There’s a tiny Master Chief watching over every Xbox Series S
- APEX Season 7 Battle Pass Controversary
- GDC All-Women Speedrunning Event
- HasanAbi rivaled major news outlets for Presidential Election Coverage
- (1:08:19) The Patient Gamer
- On this week’s edition of the Patient Gamer, we look at the game that launched an okay franchise into the stratosphere – Assassin’s Creed 2.
- (1:18:19) Social Media Check-in
- We check in with our social media followers to find out what your favorite dead video game franchise is.
What’s new at Checkpoint XP?
Check out last week’s episode here!
Photo by Ian Gavan/Ian Gavan/Getty Images for Xbox UK