CheckpointXP On-Demand – EPISODE 169 – MLB Goes Online And China Cracks Down
On this week’s episode, COVID-19 has driven Major League Baseball to hold an online league with a representative from each of their franchises. On the other end of the spectrum, China has instituted a harsh crackdown on gaming which threatens to disrupt the entire gaming and esports industry. Plus, can you spot the fake gaming food? The cast will have to either get it right or pay the price. All of that and more on this week’s CheckpointXP On-Demand!
This week on Checkpoint XP:
- (0:00) COVID-19 Update and MLB Goes Online–
- As COVID-19 continues to keep us in quarantine, the cast looks towards Major League Baseball. They’re running an online tournament with a representative from every team.
- (12:00) China Cracks Down On Gaming
- China is cracking down on gaming in a scary way. No more international play, no more zombies, no more plagues, or roleplaying among a litany of other bans. Could something like this ever happen in the states?
- (24:00) James’ Fantasy Team Update
- Last week, Ric helped James put together a fantasy team to gamble with. We’ll check in and see how that went.
- (34:00) Valorant has scary access to your computer–
- Riot’s new game Valorant is looking to be massively popular, but it has some legitimately scary access to your computer.
- (43:52) Spot the Fake – Gaming Foods
- Can the cast spot which foods are real and which ones are fake? They’ll pay the price if they cant.
- (55:52) Gaming and Esports News –
- (1:07:52) Patient Gamer – Borderlands 2
- On this week’s edition of the Patient Gamer, Robbie takes us through Gearbox’s classic Borderlands 2.
- (1:17:52) Social Media Check-in
- We check in on social media to find out what game was better than you expected and which game made you make a difficult decision.
CheckpointXP – Your Home for Esports and Gaming
Looking for something to do while under quarantine? Check out the Shutdown Showdown! It’s a charity APEX Legends tournament benefiting No Kid Hungry. The tournaments are running on Tuesdays throughout April with proceeds going to charity. It’s just $10 to enter and you can enter solo or with your friends. Check it out here!
Check out last week’s episode here!
Lead Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images