(Media provided by Square-Enix)
Square-Enix announced that Final Fantasy XIV Patch 5.2 will launch on February 18, as revealed in a new trailer shown off during the latest Letter from the Producer LIVE stream.
The trailer for Patch 5.2, titled Echoes of a Fallen Star, provides a glimpse at many of the new adventures and challenges that await players in this major update for the MMO’s critically acclaimed third expansion, Shadowbringers.
In addition to the trailer, Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida unveiled new details of content players will experience in Patch 5.2:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The acclaimed narrative of Shadowbringers continues, as the Warrior of Darkness and the Scions of the Seventh Dawn await such time as the Crystal Exarch might return them home.
- New Raid: Eden’s Verse – The second chapter in the Eden raid series will feature challenging new battles in both normal and savage difficulties. Eden’s Verse also introduces the character of Gaia, created by famed FINAL FANTASY developer Tetsuya Nomura.
- New Dungeon: Anamnesis Anyder – Tackle this new challenge alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters using the Trust system.
- New Trial: Cinder Drift – Players can challenge the Ruby Weapon in both normal and extreme difficulties.
- New Beast Tribe Quests – The Qitari will provide new quests geared towards Disciples of the Land classes.
- New Chronicles of a New Era Quest “The Sorrow of Werlyt” – Discover the lore behind the all new Weapon series.
- Ocean Fishing – This Fisher-exclusive content will allow players to board a ship at specified times to enjoy fishing on the high seas, receiving experience and scrips based off the fish caught. Meeting certain conditions while aboard will grant all passengers the chance of a big haul.
- Ishgardian Restoration Update (Patch 5.21) – The next update in this content for Disciples of the Hand and Land will feature gatherer-specific content in the Diadem, high-level crafting challenges, a new ranking system, and more.
- New “Resistance Weapon” Equipment Enhancement Quest Series (Patch 5.25) – This new quest series will feature regular updates from Patch 5.2 onward, allowing players to obtain powerful equipment as they learn more about the Hrothgar homeland, the Bozja Citadel.
- In-Game Adjustments – Players can expect to see several tweaks to Jobs, PvP Actions and New Game+ alongside several Crafter and Gatherer updates.
Along with details around the upcoming game update, the host cities and dates for the global series of FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festivals in 2020 and 2021 were also revealed as part of the livestream.
Set to take place in North America, Japan and Europe respectively, details on the events is as follows:
- November 6-7, 2020 – FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festival 2020 in San Diego – San Diego Convention Center
- December 19-20, 2020 – FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festival 2020 in Nagoya – Aichi Sky Expo
- February 20-21, 2021 – FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festival 2021 in London – ExCeL London
Information regarding ticket availability will be released at a later date, for more information about the Fan Festivals, please visit the website: https://fanfest.finalfantasyxiv.com
Players new to FINAL FANTASY XIV Online are invited to download a free trial to access content up to level 35, create up to eight playable characters and experience the different playable races, classes, and jobs with no restrictions on playtime. New players who wish to experience the free trial may register here: http://sqex.to/FFXIVFreeTrial.